1.17.2012

Over the Weekend: Think Happy Thoughts

So the last few days have been nothing short of a nightmare. Well, I may be being a little dramatic, but they have not been that fun.

As some of you may have read last week, the lady that I work under's son was in a motorcycle accident late last week. He severed his spine and will be paralyzed from the waist down, as of right now. And as of a surgery on Saturday and an x ray last night, he is having some problems with one of his lungs and has developed pneumonia. Needless to say, any and all prayers would be MAJOR!!

The Lord hears His people when they call to him. He rescues them from all of their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and He rescues those whose spirit is crushed. ~Psalm 34: 17-18

With that said, you can imagine the tone at work. It is super sad and a little frantic. And since I have no idea when she will be returning to work, my workload has probably quardrupled (sp??), so please pardon if my posts are few and slightly slacking. I will be in over-drive and constant prayer for this precious family!

On to the weekend.

I did spend a lot of the weekend in shock and silence ove the events above, but I still had a little bit of fun through it all.

On Friday night, I spent my time celebrating the 7th birthday of the precious Kaitlyn, and five of her best friends, at her spend the night party. Yes, I chaperoned a spend the night party! So fun. We had pizza, cake, ice cream (with all kinds of toppings), opened presents, did a little dancing with the Wii, had a cheer session, a Selena Gomez dance session, made headbands and painted faces!! Those girls had a blast.

Saturday I had a little Mom & Me time, had lunch with my friend Mary Kathryn then ended the day watching football and Miss America. Kendol smoked ribs on his new smoke I got him for Christmas!! We cheered the Bulldogs on to a victory and mourned the loss of the Saints... Needless to say, the Collins house was not doing so swell for a few hours after the game.

On Sunday we headed to my parents to get in a little hunting before the season ends... And guess what this girl did... You guessed it!! 9 point down.

Please bypass the following picture if you are against hunting!!





Anywho, that's my little catch up from the weekend and now I'm just trying to think happy thoughts and keep positive at work. It's so easy, in times like these, to be down and overwhelmed and completely stress out, but I refuse to do so. I am trying to think happy thoughts and remember that as they say, "I'm too blessed to be stressed."







And if you are needing a little something to put a smile on your face today, I hope this helps!!

Sweet Hayes having "sketti" for the first time!

I think she might've liked it!


Be Blessed Lovelies!!
Cal

3 comments:

  1. Hope boss's son recovers quickly. How tragic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man callie such terrible news but you are right God hears his people when they cry out to Him. my work situation is a bit similar, my boss's dad has a stroke last Tues and he isn't expected to make it, he is having to tell his mother her husband will be gone shortly. things around here are sad to say the least. will be praying for the health of your co-worker's son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NO that bypass picture warning was too close to the actual picture :( Please tell me you eat what you hunt at least lol...

    That poor man. He is def in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete