1.24.2012

Over the Weekend.. Memphis

Over the weekend, Mallory and I roadtripped to Memphis for the annual Lisa Lassandrello 5k. And what would a roadtrip be without a Sonic drink... First stop, Sonic... for a drink. Second stop, Sonic.... an hour down the road... to pick up Katie and actually get supper. Yes, we are ridiculous.

Upon our arrival, Leslie already had the air mattress blown up and the wine and cheese ready!! What a hostess. The 4 of us sat around for hours, catching up on the last few months of life before we headed off to bed in preparation for the race the next morning.

We woke up bright and early and headed out for the race... in the freezing cold. When we went to sleep, it was about 65 outside. When we woke up, it was more like 20. When will mother nature figure out that this is not ok with my allergies and sinuses. NOT OK... Anywho, since I have been doing most of my running on the treadmill lately, the frigid air made for an interesting run. (Is it really hard for anyone else to breathe when it's super cold... it hurts)

Bestest Friends from College!
Post Race.
Pardon us.
After the race, we immediately headed to Starbucks for something hot... and dare I let you in on a little secret?? This was my first time there, ha! I am not a coffee drinker at all, so this is not so shocking. Plus we don't have many Starbucks around here. I can think of two in this area, all of the rest closed a few years ago. We have coffee shops called "Cups." So I settled for my favorite drink from Cups... A Hot Chocolate with Caramel and Whip Cream (super healthy, I know).

My very first Starbucks, well documented.
Then it was off to brunch with the entire Lassandrello clan at the Half Shell!

Celebratory Mimosas in honor of Mal's birthday, Yes Please!!
And come to find out, Liz placed in her age group. Duh! She always does. I still can't figure out how in the world she can run so fast... I just can't do it.

We spent our day shopping, of course. Then it was off to Kate and Jack's wedding shower, then on to Beale Street, where we did a little booty shakin' at B.B. Kings. Songs included: The Train, Mrs. Jackson, Hey Ya, Yea!... etc!! Legit Throwback Dance Party!!

The Birthday Gal, Mal.

Ladies in Green.

Cuties

Jack's Favorite Gift, The Bobber (floating cooler).


Bridesmaid Pic!!

And this is what happens the night ends with Free Willy playing!

Sorry guys... too funny not to share!


Even the guy at the bar got a little excited!
On Sunday, we headed back to our hometown and I helped throw a wedding shower for my cousin Brittney, who is getting married on Saturday!! Then back to Jackson, we went. By the time we got home, I was ex-haust-ed... Actually, I don't even think exhausted is the right word... beyond... But I walked in to a spotless house and a pot of homemade gumbo on the stove. Seriously yall, Kendol had cleaned both bathrooms, done 4 loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and straitened up our bedroom... Seriously, he is the best!!

Needless to say, when the alarm went off on Monday there was no way I was getting up. Between the Allergy/Sinus business going on from the temperature changes and the exhaustion, I spent the day in the bed watching The Kardashians and The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

But, I'm back and ready for action!!

Happy Tuesday Dolls!
(see you can tell I have been watching the Kardashians)

5 comments:

  1. I just love it, Cal!!! So happy you have the free willy experience well documented...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wine and cheese and catching up with friends? That sounds like a great way to start any weekend!

    Sounds like it was a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5k followed by a night on Beale...you deserved a day of rest!

    I called it-I just knew you weren't a work yesterday-I kept checking for "The Good Life" post of the day.

    Welcome back=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hold. the. phone. YOUR VERY FIRST STARBUCKS???? whatttttttttttt

    ReplyDelete
  5. arent the homes so pretty? How far are you from a Starbucks? How far are you from MEM?

    ReplyDelete