11.17.2011

Thankful Thursday

Photobucket
 

Hey Yall!

So many times, we just jump strait from Halloween to Christmas and skip right over one of the best and most important holidays of the year, Thanksgiving. So, in order to not skip over it, I want to invite you to join me in something I did last year for the month of November, Thankful Thursday. It's Easy Peasy. Simply say at least one thing you are thankful for, for each day of the month. It's kind of like a "Thank You Jesus" journal. Then each Thursday post your entries for each day of the previous week. And it doesn't have to be anything serious and profound. Have fun with it and be thankful for the little, random things that make you smile.

I ain't preachin' at ya! Just bein' thankful!!


Thursday, November 10, 2011
Thursday nights have become "go out to eat with friends" nights the last couple of months and I am so thankful for that. It's so nice to take a break from the week and have a little fun with friends!! This week we went to eat at Joe's Diner for some delish breakfast for supper.

Friday, November 11, 2011
I am so so thankful to all of the men and women who have served this great nation!! Thank you for everything.


I am also very thankful for good ole' southern Bar B Q.

Saturday, November 12, 2011
I am thankful for my sweet, precious neice, Hayes. She turned 1 today and she couldn't be more of a blessing to our family :)
I know it's a little blurry, but I love it!!

I am also thankful for the opportunity to hang out with some of my very best friends in the Junction. Goodness Gracious I miss them!!

I am also thankful for my MS State Bulldogs. Win or Lose, I still love em'!!

Sunday, November 13, 2011
I am thankful for all of the sweet family and friends who came out and made Hayes' first birthday a huge success!!

I am also thankful for a morning where I could actually sleep a little late. It was glorious.

Monday, November 14, 2011
I am thankful that I actually enjoy cooking. Monday night's are my night that I "have" to cook. Kendol cooks most of them time (crazy thankful), but on Mondays he has boyscouts so it's up to me to come up with something!! I am just thankful that I have a little talent in the kitchen to cook my "country food," as Kendol calls it. Yes, I cook lots of other times, but Monday is always a must. I have to say, it's actually theraputic.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011
I have gotten hit with this stomach bug that's going around, but it seems to be a milder case than others I'm hearing about, so I'm super thankful for that!!
 
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
I stayed home today with my little "bug" and I am just thankful for a day of rest and recovery. And the fact that I lost a few pounds ha!! Kidding.. Kidding... not really...

I am also thankful for God's beautiful scenery!! This time of year he really shows out :)
 
And O my goodness, I almost forgot. I am so thankful to have Christmas presents to wrap. Yall don't understand. It is my favorite. All presents must match and have matching bows.. there is no getting them wrapped in a store. I wrapped my first two yesterday, while watching Love and Basketball. God knew what he was doing to help me feel better :)



Thursday, November 17, 2011
I am thankful for God's forgiveness, grace and opportunities for second chances. I don't know if any of you have been watching The X Factor, but there is a guy on there named Chris Rene. Chris was in rehab right before the show started and now he is one of the top contestants. Every time he walks out on that stage I tear up. If only we all made the most of our second chances like he has!! My cousin Claire posted a video on fb from his original audition and I watched it this morning and I teared up... again. I had to share! And he did so good last night :) And what a perfect song he sang.



 

And last but most certainly not least...


 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the ELF recommendation I went to tarjay and got the eyeshadow and it has become my new best friend Im trying on colors I normally would not wear. Im fixing to email you my number so that hopefully we can meet up at the Eggbowl. Where did you find your maroon scark you had on Saturday?? I need one.

    ReplyDelete