10.02.2011

In the Kitchen

What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the word:
DIP

For me it is this:


Is this what comes to anyone else's minds?? 7th grade dances much, along with the Macarena!!

Any other 1997 UCA cheer campers out there???? I still remember most of the dance...

Anywho now that I've got ya up and dancing...

 Moving on!

That is not the "Dip" I was referring to. When I was home last weekend, my Momma made some good ole fried chicken and two new dipping sauces. I don't know if anyone out there is like me, but if I eat any type of meat, there must MUST must be a sauce of some kind.  I take that back...not just meat... I dip EVERYTHING!!!! So when I discover new "dipping sauces" I get really excited.

Here are the two new sauces. They can go with most any meats. Chicken, Pork Tenderloin, Pulled pork, etc... I mean we were dipping chips in them, they were so good!! And apparently you can dip Blooming Onions too, bc one is called "Blooming Onion Sauce."

Both so freakin' easy, use stuff you "probably" already have in the kitchen and take about 2 minutes! Just mix all the ingredients together and enjoy!

Blooming Onion Sauce
1/2 Mayonaisse
1 Tbsp Ketchup
2 Tbsp Horseradish
1/3 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Oregano
1/8 tsp Pepper
1/3 tsp Cayenne Peppr

TRUST.... you'll be lickin' the bowl
and no it's not too much horseradish!

Jalapeno Mustard Dipping Sauce
3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
1/4 Cup Creole Mustard

This one tastes alot like a honey mustard! So there you go, you're very own home-made honey mustard!!

HAPPY MIXING & DIPPING!!
CAL

1 comment:

  1. Cal- I'm going to need you to make that very turkey for Thanksgiving. K, thanks!

    ReplyDelete