10.08.2012

Over the Weekend

Today I am over at Ten Feet Off of Beale giving a little tour of my little Delta Town. She and her boyfriend visited there a few weeks ago, but didn't get to experience much in their short time frame. If she ever comes back, I have given her plenty to do.. and see.. and most importantly, EAT!!! (Of course the food is most important..) Seriously, if you don't already read her blog on the daily, get yourself over there STAT!
________________________________________________________________________________
Now, back to my weekend! 

It was quite the relaxing one, which does not happen very often. 

On Friday night, we had a little girls night out at the local pizza joint where we sipped our beers from mason jars and listened to some blues. We also had quite a few laughs courtesy of our red headed waiter who spoke to us about "Bourbon Enemas" (in reference to the Tenn Butt Chuggers... Crazies!) and sang/rapped for us on more than one occasion. He was a hoot.

On Saturday, you best believe I was up at that Old Navy $15 Pea Coat Sale. I don't care what a coat looks like, for $15 I can at least wear it to work.... Then it was off to do a SD Trunk Show in Indianola. And we all know what that means... A trip to "Lost Pizza Company" and a new t-shirt (I only have like 15...) I could seriously eat there every single day.

Sunday, I enjoyed a nice country lunch at my parents (Fried round steak, turnip greens, squash casserole, fried okra and cornbread) then headed to the Farmer's Market for a little fall fun. While it's nothing special, I'd say the yard is looking a little more cute than normal.


O, the sacrifices we make for decorating. I spent the entire rest of the day clawing my entire body and rubbing my eyes raw. I have outgrown most of my allergies, but hay is obviously not one of them. Remind me to never touch it again, no matter how much cuter my decorations will be with it. My eyes are still blood shot.

Moving right along, I spent the entire rest of the afternoon on my couch watching "Oprah: Next Chapter" interviews of Jennifer Hudson and Lady GaGa, followed by a two hour Extreme Make-Over: Home Edition. Needless to say, there were lots of tears shed and had anyone walked in my house they would have thought I lost my best friend. I was a blubbering idiot. I do not know why I ever think it's a good idea to watch Ty and Company help people. I am in tears within 30 seconds. I comforted myself with some Chinese Take-Out.

And did I mention that I got my oil changed last Thursday. Yea, those fools forgot to put the cap back on. In the meantime, oil has been leaking rapidly and spewing all under my hood on to all of those other important things going on under there. Thank heavens for my Daddy (Kendol's out of town), my motor is possibly saved, but we are still not sure. See what happens when I'm responsible and get my oil changed when I'm supposed to???? Hmmmmm... 

And have I mentioned lately how bad my Fantasy Football team is. It's humiliating.

But Mississippi State won. And the Saints won... So that's all that matters.

Ok, maybe my weekend wasn't as relaxing as I thought....

7 comments:

  1. you are too cute! I think your weekend sounds fun, except the oil leaking...eeek! good thing for daddy's!

    Happy Monday!

    xxS

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a super fantastic weekend!! My goodness! :) Please come decorate MY house! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha Callie...you crack me up. So funny! Super jealous that you got to go to Lost Dog...so delish. I could eat a whole pizza right this second. YUM! What coat did you end up getting?? I so wish I was close enough to a Old Navy! Nothing like a good home cooked meal at home, especially in Greenwood :) LOVE you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Sometimes the weekends where you have things to do but, don't have to be everywhere by a specific time & on a time frame, those are the best & seem to be relaxing! At least that's what I find! Crazy about your oil change! I sure hope they're planning on helping out with that thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that haystack pic your yard? If so, that's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are those adorable pumpkins in your front yard? If so you have the cutest front year ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your guest post makes me sooooo happy! My cousin is opening a Lost Pizza in Grenada. I can't wait to get home so I can try it! I vote a meet and greet at Lusco's next time Alyssa visits G'wood! :)

    ReplyDelete