10.22.2012

Seven and Zero


One of my favorite parts about tailgating is being some of the very first to arrive. It's gorgeous. It's quiet. It's the best part of the day. I'm a people watcher. And I watch people arrive by the thousands from my little chair in tent #57 all while sipping my morning cocktail and catching the first games of the day on ESPN.


Saturday was no different. There was a chill in the air and a little extra pep in everyone's step. The bulldogs were 6-0 with the opportunity to be 7-0 going into next weekend to play the #1 team in the country, Alabama... in Tuscaloosa. 

Sister time in the Junction.
We tailgated our little booties off in the Junction, starting around 10:30 with a 6 p.m. kick off. Everyone totally confident but still a little bit anxious because we are Mississippi State... 


Well mess it up, we did not. 
We won 45-3 over MTSU.
Now it's time to move on up to the big leagues. 
Alabama. #1 team in the country. In Tuscaloosa. 
Lawd have mercy.

Do I expect us to beat Alabama? 
Absolutely not. 
Do I expect us to upset Alabama in Bryant-Denny Stadium? 
Absolutely not. 
Do I think it's possible? 
Absolutely. 
Do I think we'll play them a heck of game? 
Absolutely. 

Yep, that's who you think it is... Mrs. Megan Mullen, Dan's wife. All of the coach's wives tailgate right next to us and sometimes we get just obnoxious enough to talk to her. She's the sweetest.. and the skinniest :) The guys literally start to act like they are 13 again. It's hysterical.

It's a great day to be a Bulldog :)

SEE YA SATURDAY!

10 comments:

  1. Geaux Dawgs, I can say that, I'm a Tiger fan.
    But State will always hold a special place in my heart, that's my Dad's alma mater and I always enjoyed my trips to Starkvegas! Cute outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I'm so ready for Sunday!!! So glad I got to spend some time with you!!! Just love you to pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunday?! I meant Saturday hahahaha oops

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures!!! I hope you guys beat Alabama next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post!! This will be an exciting game for sure. I am a Missisippi girl, but worked for The University of Alabama for almost 4 years and even still pulled for those Mississippi boys! The atmosphere in Bryant-Denney is unlike any I have ever witnessed and the leadership behind the team is remarkable. I, too love to people watch!! Back to the game--Ole Miss put up a good fight against Bama and that is saying A WHOLE bunch. So, I think MSU can hold them. Bama will win for sure, but it will be a very close score I think. I am loving that polka dotted sweater!! Is that J. Crew? It is awesome!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't spell today. Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable is your tailgating outfit?! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow 45-3, i would say you creamed them!! i love tailgating, did it a lot when we live in CO springs, wish I had a fun Saturday like this every weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure if I have ever commented, but I'm a fellow MS Delta girl.
    My family are HUGE State fans (I'm the lone wolf who went to Ole Miss). My brother is a sophomore there now and L-O-V-I-N-G this football season! Looks like yall had a good time tailgating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't been tailgating since college and I miss it! Looks like you had a great day for a game! I always love to see pictures of you southern girls at footall games--always so dressed up! I went to Penn State and wore sweatpants to probably 80% of our games. Jeans were considered SUPER DRESSY! Ha!

    ReplyDelete