10.12.2012

Deep Fried Oreos?

Well, it's that time of year again...
The Mississippi State Fair



The fair. Where all of the crazies come out of the wood works and make for some of the best people watching in the world. I just cannot even begin to explain the caliber of lovelies we saw, but I definitely had a favorite. He even shared the table with us for a minute where he asked directions to the Ferris Wheel?? (could he really not spot it??)

We partook in some chicken on a stick, fried pickles, gyros, sausage dogs, beer, fair taffy, deep fried oreos, and good ole' country music, of course.

It is so funny to me that I look forward to fair food, but the food that I actually eat is from a local restaurant that jut so happens to 30 seconds from my house. It never crosses my mind to eat that chicken on a stick until the Ferris Wheel's up and the Carney Folk are running rampant.

Kendol also won a gold fish that we so generously left for the next sucker who didn't happen to make his ping pong ball into one of the 500 cups.

P.S. Mr. State Fair Coordinator.. I have a bone to pick with you. Who schedules the best singing act of the week on Saturday night in the middle of football season? I sure would have loved to see Brantley Gilbert, but no... my option was En Vogue. (And I'm not knocking En Vogue bc they had some legit songs..)

And just from typing those two words, I will now have "FREEEEEE YO MIIIIIIND... and the rest will follow.. Be COOOOOLOR BLIIIIND... Don't be so shallow" stuck in my head for the third day in a row. And now (hopefully) it's stuck in yours too :)

Until next year!






7 comments:

  1. I can't express to you the amount of jealousy that I've got going on because you got to go to the fair and I didn't! Ohhh, I love some carney folk! And chicken on a stick and fried oreos and I could go on and on. And really like wth Mr. Fair Director... Brantley on a Saturday night, no sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outfits in that En Vogue video. They're basically pioneering steampunk with some of that headgear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard alllll about these deep fried oreos but never had one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So So jealous. We were in Kentucky this past weekend, but on the way I asked my husband if we could just turn south to go to the Mississippi Fair! Glad y'all had a good time.

    XO,
    Dianna @ Virginia is for Lovers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen En Vogue several times love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mingle monday!
    love me some fried oreos too!!!

    your newest follower!!

    xoxo
    Lisa

    http://www.somethinginfinitelyinteresting.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am beyond upset that i never made it to a fair this year. i need a funnel cake asap!

    ReplyDelete