10.26.2012

Football and Flannel

Guess where I am?
Not at work...
Jealous?

Today I am partaking in a little High School Homecoming action. I am home for my little sister's last pep rally, Homecoming parade and senior night at the last football game of the season. While you're reading this, I'm probably catching candy from from a parade of folks piled in the back of Z71's. Or I may be reliving my cheerleader glory days in the ole Pillow Academy gym. I seriously get teary eyed every time I go to a peprally... It's pathetic. You can laugh. But seriously, the sad part. Eleanor's a senior. I still can't believe it. With a ten year age difference between us, it's hard to imagine that she is not still 5 years old, running around being the cutest mini cheerleader there ever was.

Ok, enough nostalgia.. 
let's get to the goods.

First:
Guess who I get to see today? 
Guess who's little brother is the stud QB for the football team tonight?

Second:
The temperature is starting to drop around here (like in the 50's today) and you know what that means... 
It's flannel time. 
(Please tell me I'm not the only one who busted out a little "Hammer Time" in their head)

My favorite. I believe I even brought two with me. And you best believe if it wasn't maroon Friday, I'd be sporting one. I'm not sure why I love it so much. Maybe it's because it is so old school, classic and comfy? Maybe it's because it brings about thoughts of bonfires and deer camp? 







Doesn't it just make you want to grab some hot chocolate and make s'mores?
Or sip on a little whiskey around a bonfire while crankin' some country tunes?
Preferably a little Aldean.. Just sayin..

No? Just me?

What's your favorite fall/winter attire?

Are you still confused as to how I went from high school homecoming to flannel?
Yea, me too?
Just roll with it folks.
It's been a long week.

Happy Weekend Little Lovebugs!

4 comments:

  1. have fun! I woke up to a cool front this morning, and it's spectacular!

    and man I love flannel. I stole my husband's shirt a few years back & it's my favorite thing to put on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the flannel! It's in the 50's & 60's here too this weekend! I really hope it sticks around!!! So excited to be wearing warmer clothes!!! Have fun today & I hope y'all have a fun weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ms callie can you please send some of your 55 degree weather over here. i am a little sick of this mid 80s weather we are having lately and your flannel post is not helping my desire for cooler weather. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously jealous if yours and Rachel's impromptu blate! I request a blate with both if you verrrrry soon!

    ReplyDelete