10.18.2012

He is a Friend of Mine

Ok, so today was my most dreaded day.
The one I hate the absolute most.
The Dentist.
(He is not the friend my post title speaks of)
Am I alone in this fear?
I have not been in like 3 years and now I remember why.
Yes, I know that's disgust.. but I really, really hate it.
But, you know what?
I came out alive (obviously) and still no cavities!
27 years and counting!!
(Knock On Wood)

I rewarded myself with two sweaters (Old Navy sweater sale... get on that people) and a little lunch date with Mr. Chick Fil A and his Buffalo Sauce. (Yes, a trip to the dentist warrants rewards.. in my world it does anyways)

On my way back to work, I had the radio on K Love, of course. And and awesome song came on that I had never heard. Needless to say, I was intrigued.  The chorus goes like this.

The God of angel armies is always by my side
The One who reigns forever
He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies is always by my side

My post from yesterday talked a little about a bad day, and it seemed a lot of others weren't having the best day either. So when I heard this song, I knew it was just what we all needed to hear. He's got us all taken care of and He's right there whenever we need Him!! 

He sure is a friend of Mine!
Thank goodness!!


And special prayers going up for some of my very best friends as they bring a new precious baby girl into the world. I cannot wait to meet Sweet Blakelee!! 

And more prayers for one of Kendol's best friends who lost his father this afternoon. 

4 comments:

  1. I have the same feelings towards the dentist. I am terrified of the dentist! I haven't been in years and I should probably do something about that, but I just can't bring myself to do so... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh callie you and me both can i tell you that i didn't go to the dentist for 2 years because i am terrified, thankfully no cavities but i have had them before uck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE going to the dentist but I FEAR...like am DEATHLY afraid of doctors...all of them. They always want to poke me and I'm terrified of needles!! I would totally reward yourself, too!

    So sorry to hear about Kendol's friend's dad. :( That's so tough...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, your from mississippi and your name is callie too!!!? let's be friends! : )
    newest follower!!
    www.mysomething-new.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete