10.29.2012

Over the Weekend..

Today makes me happy. 
It is scarf weather. 
Flannel weather. 
Giant sweater weather. 
Bonfire weather. 
Sweatshirt weather. 
Hot chocolate weather.
Time to decorate for Christmas weather.... 
Ok.. maybe not quite yet..

It is 44 degrees at the moment and I by no means dressed appropriately. What was I thinking? Well, when I checked the weather last night, I swear there was a high in the 70s. Apparently something major went down over night? Or the weather men were wrong? Imagine that..

One thing about today that does not make me happy? I am back at work. After a little 3 day weekend, it's the last place I want to be. I spent the weekend at home, in the country, with no cell phone service. It was glorious and just what I needed. And still need...

Friday we spent our day at the Homecoming peprally and parade followed by lunch with some of the fam. Then it was off to senior recognition night at my little sister's last football game. Needless to say, with a significant drop in temperature and a drizzly rain, we didn't make it very long after the recognition with a two year old. 




Saturday, we slept in and did ab-so-lute-ly nothing but prepare for some Mississippi State football and a little tailgate action. The game didn't go quite as I had planned, but there was no shortage of laughs and good times had by all. I'll take quality family time over a win any day of the week.



And Sunday was a day of rest.. like I needed anymore.. 

As laid back as the weekend was, some super exciting things that happened!! Ann-Hamilton got a new ride yesterday, which is freakin' awesome and well deserved. And I was promoted to Senior Stylist with Stella and Dot. Considering that my only goal starting in this business was to make back my investment, I have shocked the hell out of myself. What a great company and a great opportunity! 





2 comments:

  1. YAY for your S&D promotion! How exciting! I really wish we were headed to Mississippi this weekend to watch A&M and MSU play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend to me! Congrats on your promotion with Stella & Dot!!!

    ReplyDelete