4.12.2012

Surprise, Surprise!

Guess what I have for your today???

A Surprise

A Delicious Surprise

A Delicious Mexican Surprise

Ok, so let's get serious.... Who doesn't love Mexican food?? Besides my friend Elizabeth who also claims to not like cheese either... Pssshhh Yea right!! No, but seriously she just started eating Mexican food a few years ago. So, she spent most of her life depriving herself of the most delicious food on earth.

Any who, what does this have to do with anything, you ask? Today I shall share with y'all a DELISH (pretty low cal ++) little Mexican dish that you will want to make immediately! And by immediately, I mean like yesterday... It's a crazy little twist on the boring, but O, so fantastic taco. Kendol named it "Mexican Surprise."

No, I cannot take credit for this. I found it HERE!

MEXICAN SURPRISE
1 lb. ground beef
1 Pack of Taco Seasoning
4 oz. of Cream Cheese
1 1/2 Cups of Salsa
1 Cup Taco Sauce
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar
1 Cup Mexican Shredded Cheese
(I use the 4 cheese Mex. Blend)
Jumbo Pasta Shells or Manicotti Noodles
Sour Cream
Green Onions


1. Brown your ground beef in a skillet and add taco seasoning as directed.
2. Stir in cream cheese until melted and mix well.
3. Boil pasta as directed while meat in browning 
4. Pour Salsa in the bottom of a baking dish.
5. Place noodles in baking dish and stuff with a spoonful or two of beef mixture
6. Cover with Taco Sauce
7. Cover with Foil & Bake Thirty Minutes on 350
8. Remove Foil and Cover with Cheeses
9. Bake 10-15 more minutes uncovered
(Or until cheese is melted)
Serve with a scoop of sour cream and chopped green onions!

Tips:
~This can be pretty low cal/fat by substituting things like ground turkey, 
low fat sour cream & cream cheese... etc.
~I find this recipe works perfectly for 10 Manicotti Shells 
~5 Servings of 2 Shells each
(our grocery stores do not have jumbo pasta shells... 
plus I just love Manicotti Noodles so I use them instead)
~I cut one side of Manicotti Noodle and leave open-faced for stuffing
~I have also used different combinations of sauces such as Picante Sauce etc.









4 comments:

  1. That looks tasty, mexican is my favorite forever and ever (i'm appalled your friend never TRIED IT!!! WTF!) and this is going on my to-cook list! Thanks for sharing Callie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, YUM! This is being added to my meal plan pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mexican food is my favorite!! Who doesn't like cheese?! Yum this looks delicous. I'll have to book mark it

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes! a recipe up on your blog, love it and it sounds so yummy. i bet kendol loved it

    ReplyDelete