2.27.2012

Back to the Basics

Recently I have noticed that this whole blogging world has become quite the "game of numbers" and "keeping up with the Jones." It may have always been like this, but I am just now starting to notice. And don't get me wrong, I am guilty too. I would be lying if I said I didn't get excited when I get new followers or  found myself thinking, well that's a cute idea. Why didn't I think of that? Or she sure is hysterical and outspoken? Why can't I be that funny. Why this? Why that? But that is by no means the reason that I write this blog or the reason that I started it.And you know what. I will not do that anymore. I don't particularly want to "Keep up with all of the Jones'" This is my blog. My space. .

So, as of today, I am taking this thing back to the basics. Back to the time before pinterest and back to the time when I didn't know how everything on blogger worked. Back when I actually "wrote" on my blog bc I had something to say and not because I "needed" to write a post most every day.

So here we go, back where we started from. The Good Life. Taken from the Bible Verse above "He fills my life with good things." Psalm 103:5. A place to share all of the great things that God has sent my way. An online scrapbook of sorts.

Maybe I will post less... May I will not! Who Knows.

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you, lady! This is YOUR space. No need to feel pressure to keep up with anyone. You should only post what you truly want to share! I always love reading what you have to say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and I agree with you. Great to take it back to the basics! Your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss this post?!? Oh yeah I actually had to work yesterday:( Great post and girl the more I get to know you the more I just love you!!! So ready for football season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just talking with someone about this last night. Blogging is so so great but I feel so much pressure to post almost daily not for me but for the readers. This week I'm definitely going to take a small step back as well.

    ReplyDelete