7.18.2012

The 4-1-1 On Moi




Hola Pretty Ones. I ran across this little link up earlier and I just had to do it. First of all, because I am a sucker for a little Q & A... and Secondly bc there are lots of newbies around here. If you already know the answers, just keep on scrolling!!




1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I have been blogging a little over 2 years. (Check out my first post HERE!) I wouldn't say that my blog has changed, necessarily. Grown? Evolved? Yes. Changed? Not really. I still document my life, as a scrap book of sorts and document all of the great things God has blessed me with. Hence the name "The Good Life" and the bible verse that goes along with it. But I have added a few things. 


2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
MISSISSIPPI STATE UNIVERSITY!!! My favorite place on earth, of course. If  you've never been there, come on down and tailgate with us! I promise you'll fall in love too :) I have a Business degree in Risk Management, Insurance and Financial Planning. (All one major... I am not over achiever with 3 majors... no worries!)





3. Where have you traveled?
The big places I have gone are New York City, Disney World, Montego Bay Jamaica and on a cruise to Cozumel and Playa Del Carmon. I am no world traveler. I can only dream!!


A few pics from the Honeymoon in Jamaica.


Off to Snorkle

View at our Resort

Climbing the Waterfall at Dunns River Falls


4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
First, I would build a house... but a beach house would come in at a very, very close second.


Beachside in Seaside, FL, please!! 


5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
~When people's pants are too short. Especially businessmen in suits... who tailored their pants to be too short. Idiots.
~When people just assume sweet tea... I realize I am in the minority, but not all southerners drink sweet tea. 
~When you let someone over while driving and they don't at least wave to you in acknowledgement. RUDE!! Or when you follow the signs and clearly know a lane is about to end, then someone wants to get over last second. Sorry Charlie. You aren't getting over in front of me. 
~And one to grow on: Taylor Swift and The Band Perry's song lyrics.


6. What is your favorite movie?
8 Seconds and Dirty Dancing, for sure!!


7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
Beer and Wine are about even for me! Liquor on the other hand... If I'm drinking that, I advise you to steer clear. It makes me mean.


Otherwise,  I drink water and Coca Cola Classic!


8. What is something you enjoy doing when you have me time?
I like to run, shop, do my nails...Or you know, watch trashy reality television.


9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be? 
O man... If we are talking a local store, I guess I would say Dillards bc I have lots of different brands to choose from for clothes, shoes and purses.  But, I would love a shopping spree for Pottery Barn or some other decor store for new beddings and some statement pieces for the home. I could have that $10,000 gone in no time. I'm sure of it. If we are talking local, I would spend it at Pear Orchard Antiques.


10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
I seriously don't have anything good to answer this with. Maybe the time I hit the Sonic pole in my Oldsmobile Delta 88... Stylin' and Profilin' in the Grocery Getter. No wonder I hit that pole... it's as long as a boat. What did my parents expect?

11. What day would you love to relive again?
My Wedding day!! Just so I could take in some different moments than I did the first go round. Soak it all in a little more, be there for the moments that I may have missed out on!!

(And so I could spruce up my decor a little via pinterest, of course. How unfortunate is it for those of us who married before pinterest??)


P.S. Tool is not ok for a late July wedding in Mississippi...
Who would have thought ha?
Sorry friends




12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
Not that she looks anything like me, but Rachel Bilson is my favorite. So I say her. Why not? She will just have to work on her southern accent a bit bc mine is thick.




13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years? 
I was a lifeguard at the local pool and worked in a clothing/outdoor/hunting/fishing store throughout high school and holidays of college. I also worked as a hostess/busboygirl in college and loved every minute of it! I think everyone should work in a restaurant at some point in their lives. Plus I got to eat a homemade plate lunch everyday for two years... YUMM!


14. Show us a picture from high school or college.


Delta Delta Delta Bid Day 2003
Many Days spent at the Creek
Daytime Fun at the Boys... Notice their Britney poster!
Senior Spring Break in Chicago 

Mud Races with Colby

One of my most favorite pictures of all time.
Mudraces in High School


15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
OOO maybe Paris... Or backpacking through Europe ... Or somewhere amazingly tropical. 


16. Show us the most current picture of you or your family. 
Kendol and I at my friend Kate's rehearsal dinner in June.

Sisters, Momma and Niece a few weeks ago in Seaside, FL.
My poor Daddy doesn't get to go on the beach trips.
Life of farming man, I suppose!


17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
I believe Kendol and I will be in a new, slightly larger home and we will probably have a child or one on the way :)


Now... Tell me about yourself and ask me more questions!!

3 comments:

  1. I hate when people don't wave when you let them over! Oh my goodness. And the scalloping on your wedding dress is gorgeous! I'm a Tridelt too :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mudrace picture is a favorite oldie of mine too ! I wonder what your blog readers think of us, haha !
    Oh and I think I could like The Band perry if they didn't emphasize the word WELL in EVERY song!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. man oh man callie that dress is so gorgeous on you!! love the photos of you and kendol

    ReplyDelete