12.22.2011

In the Kitchen

Ok, I couldn't go any longer without sharing this delicious recipe with all of you, just in case somebody needs a last minute appetizer for a Christmas get together!! Renee, that I work with, brought this to our Christmas party on Monday night and I got the recipe PRONTO..

BLACK EYED PEA/ARTICHOKE DIP
3 cans of 15 oz Black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed

2 cans of 14 oz. Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
4 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup of Mayonnaise, (I use reduced fat)
1 cup of Sour cream, again reduced fat
2 packages of Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Mix
2 cups of Mozzarella, grated and divided

If you like a little heat to your dips, I also add a dash here or there of hot sauce to kick it up a notch!

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all EXCEPT 1 cup of mozzarella, pour into 9X13 baking dish, and top with remaining mozzarella. Bake 45 min. to 1 hour. Serve with tortilla scoops
 
Make it immediately... TRUST!!
 
Ok, now moving on to something so fun. Charlotte from "Carolina Cotton to Illinois Corn" gave me a blog award!! How sweet of her and how precious is her blog name?? Right up my alley. Everyone check her out!! Thanks so much!! Now I am supposed to tell you 7 random things about myself.
 
1. I have never had a glass of milk... ever.
2. I hate coffee.
3. I play with tape constantly.
4. I have never been to a Starbucks.
5. I don't eat mushrooms, jello, oysters or anything else slimy..
6. I could live in sweatshirts... for real.
7. I have never been on skype.

Now that you know just a few more random things about me....

Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment