3.01.2011

Callie's Red Carpet Re-Cap

Ok, in case some of you may not know, I absolutely love anything to do with fashion. As some would say, I have "champagne taste on a beer budget."

In other words, I love all types of designer things and someday.. yes, someday i will have these things I dream of. But for now, I have to live vicariously through famous people. And one thing with famous people that really stresses me out is when they dress so ridiculous. You have all of the money in the world and THAT'S what you wear.


Let's go over the oscar red carpet for a second.
Case in point...



SERIOUSLY??
What the H-E-L-L is this?
There are no words.
Moving on.


SERIOUSLY??
I love you Emma. I think you are darling.
BUT... You can afford the whole dress.
This is the ultimate definition of a "mullett dress"
Without the Rat Tail it would be cute.




Come on Claire.
This looks like a blanket/robe.
Get it together.
Put forth a little effort, it's the Oscars.


It was still February Nicole.
I know we are all ready for summer,
but there is no need to dress like a sea shell.




"O my gosh, did Mandy Moore show up naked?"
Come on girl, you can afford the ole spray tan.
There is no need for your gorgeous dress to be ruined
bc it's the same color as your skin.
This can be prevented.


I'm with Perez on this one.
She looks like a giant doily.
Or the first thing that came to my mind were the tatted snowflakes that I put on my Christmas tree. Although I absolutely love them for my tree, they are not ok indress form.

I'll be the first to admit that I have an unhealthy obsession
with the Kardashian/Jenner family,
but sometimes I wonder if they have superhuman breathing powers.
 Must everything they wear be so tight??
There is no way they can breath..
and how can they sit down without ripping seams??
I can't even breath just looking at them, sometimes.
With that said, I love anything navy blue and I love the dress.

Although she looks precious in her dress, this is my least favorite hairdo. It's like an instant facelift. (maybe that's what some of them do it) I love an updo, but there is no need to slick your hair back so hard, it pulls your eyes back. And p.s. if your hair is slicked back that much, i'm pretty sure there is no need for a headband.
This was one of my favorite dresses of the night.
No frills and nothing special, but it's different for Oscar Night
 And I'm all about being different.
You can't ever go wrong with a classic, timeless look.
Not to mention it fits her like a glove and she looks amazing.

Jennifer Hudson
Girlfriend's killing it these days!!
She looks so awesome.
Some say the orange is a little much for February
 and the dress was a little much to just be presenting. I completely disagree. There are very, very few people who can pull off bright, fun colors and if you are one of the few, you might as well go for it!! Plus, why wouldn't she want show of that new body of hers.
LOVE HER!!


This girlfriend has also been killing it these days.
She finds dresses that fit her body type perfectly
and they always have an Audrey Hepburn classic
look to them, which I love!
Simple, but perfect for her.

Although, sometimes I'm against wearing red on the red carpet, I can't say that's the case here. She looks stunning. Out of all the dresses the other night, this is probably the one that I would have picked to wear.



























Or maybe I would have picked this. Simple, but still fun and sassy. Not to mention, she is just stunning.














































































































































































































































Ok, that's all I have to say about that. Sometimes, I just don't understand what goes through their heads or their stylists heads when picking out what they are going to wear to these events.

And what's even worse, is their street style. Good Lord... don't even get me started on that. I'll save that for another day.

Ok I had to do it... Just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment