10.04.2010

Marathon Monday

9/28: 3 Miles (as fast as I could go)
9/29: 3 Miles (as fast as I could go)
10/3: 8 Miles in 1 hr and 21 Minutes (average 10:08 per mile)

Let's just say that by Mile 7 my feet felt like they weighed 100 lbs each. I wasn't out of breath or tired at this point, my legs just wanted to give out on me. BUT I MADE IT TO 8 MILES (and not one step farther ha) AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!!! (with a pretty good time too.. if I must say so myself)

Although, I'm not running as far as I would like to during the week, I have to say that "sprinting" the shorter distances is definitely helping my speed/time. Soo, I'm perfectly ok with that!!

O and P.S. Eleanor has signed up for the 5K. I am so proud of her. She and Sara Grace will be starting the Couch to 5K program today. She has never run a day in her life (like me), but as in shape as they both are, they will do just fine!!

THE RACE IS 2 MONTHS FROM TODAY!!!

Until next Monday, Happy Running!!

And don't forget, this half marathon has a purpose. Please help support the precious children at St. Jude by donating money through team "Tri Delta." You can donate online here: www.mystjudeheroes.org/calliepc

No comments:

Post a Comment