2.01.2013

What's Up??



 This pretty much sums up my "Good Life" lately. I could not have said it better myself. It is so wonderful when you can sit back and watch God's plans unfold right before your eyes.

So what's been up with me lately?? I've been kind of MIA from blogging for a few weeks and I miss it, for sure!! I have been so super busy and the little time I have had for blogging, the words just haven't come. And to me, there's no need to blog just for the sake of blogging when there's nothing to say. So here's what's been up with me..

As I said before, I started a new job at the first of the year so life has changed completely, for the better of course! I am now working for a "life coaching" firm, if you will, and it is so fun. I am still in the insurance/finance side of things but it's completely different. And the hours... O, the hours are phenom. 8:30 to 4:00 Monday thru Thursday and 9:30 to 2:00 on Fridays. No more wasting hours of my life in rush hour traffic. 45 minute sometimes hour long commutes are now a measly 15 minutes, if that!

Seriously, the other day I had gotten home, cleaned the bathtub, done two loads of laundry and run three miles and it wasn't even 5:45. O, so nice to have a life again! But not for long...

Kendol and I are also working at Mudbugs, which is our local crawfish joint... obviously. We seriously spend half our lives there from January to July, so we figured we might as well be making that money instead of spending that money! The faster we save money, the faster we get to start building, right?? So what little free time I had acquired will now be used slinging beers and shoveling crawfish to the fine folks of Skankin' Rankin :) Kendol and I both love the restaurant business, so we are loving every second of it!

And last but most certainly not least, I just have to share something else with you. Before Christmas, my preacher, from the Church I grew up in, shared a devotional book with our congregation. I believe within a month, he had distributed 1,000's of copies to our church members! We all received a copy from my parents for Christmas and I'm so glad we did. It is called "A Walk Through the Word- A New Testament Devotional." It is simply a 365 day walk through the new testament with a small devotion to go with each days passages and it is fab! If you are looking for a devotion, I highly recommend! Here is one of my favorite parts so far. PREACH ON Brother Fossett!!

HAPPY FRIDAY MY SWEET FRIENDS!







4 comments:

  1. Mudbugs sounds like so much fun! I've got friends in Stankin' Rankin! :)

    The Gassons-- know them??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would kill for those hours! YAY for you that you are liking your new gig and things are going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job & LOVING it SO much!!! That is so awesome & such a blessing! I'm a firm believer that you should enjoy your job - you're there too much to not! & that's so fun about you & Kendol working together! Sounds like a pretty fun second job & the fact that you get to do it together (at least some of the time) is a big bonus!! Happy Friday! I hope y'all have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so amazing that you have great hours! I would love to have more time in the evenings and would even work through lunch to do so!

    What a cool devotional! Gotta love those ones that speak right to the heart!

    Wishing you a great weekend, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete