6.22.2011

This Little Light of Mine, I'm Gonna Let It Shine

No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.
~Matthew 5: 15-16

I just ran across this verse earlier today and it has stuck with me. I have been singing "This Little Light of Mine" all day!!! So, I went to youtube to find the song and I came across a new (newer) version of it that is AWESOME!!!! I felt like I needed to share.




There's a line in it that seems to fit perfectly with the weather today and the floods that have been happening all around us.

"The rains will come
and the waters rise
but don't you ever
lose your light"

Let your light shine bright today and everyday!!




1 comment:

  1. I love this post...such a sweet, simple reminder! Thanks for that, Cal! I needed to hear it, for sure. Hope you're having a fab week!

    ReplyDelete