2.02.2011

Spring Things

Ok, so I was just thinking about it and I confused myself about what months are considered spring. In my mind it's February-ish through May-ish... so that's the months I'm going to use, whether ya'll like it or not!!
(Googled it and it's March- May... O well.. My blog... My way)

TOP 5 THINGS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS SPRING

*CRAWFISH!!
Hands down, my favorite thing about spring, whether we are at the Crawdad Hole, at Mudbugs, cooking them at our house or on our annual trip to Cason's!! CAN NOT WAIT.

*THE RODEO!!
Ok, obviously you all know I have a country side to me (that i'm completely NOT ashamed of) and the rodeo is one of my favorite things to do each year. I love the bull riding, I love the music and who does not love the rodeo dance on Saturday night. I mean what can be better than that many rednecks (and I mean hardcore rednecks) in one room? It's bound to be entertaining. O it's just ridiculous! It never disappoints.

*ST. PADDY'S DAY!!
Although nothing will ever top being at the South Side Irish Parade in Chicago on St. Paddy's day (2007), the Jackson parade comes in a very close 2nd. It is so much fun and definitely one of my favorite events in Jackson.

*COOKOUTS WITH PERFECT WEATHER!!
Let's face it... 24 degrees is not ok for grilling. I think I speak for us all, when I say "Bring on Spring!" Spring is the perfect time to hang out outside and we take full advantage. It's not too hot... not too cold. Just perfect for a dress and sandals and the occasional cardigan, if necessary! It's perfect for a little Bocci Ball tournament or two! Or if Kaitlyn's around, a nice little game of Hide-n-Seek around the yard. 15 adults and 1 six year old running around like crazy people!! Love it.

*BABIES
I just cannot wait to meet Miss Mary Clayton Makamson and Mr. Chandler Lee Counts. O my gosh, it still has not hit me that we are old enough to have children, even though the majority of my friends have at least one. Yay for precious babies!!

*****************************************************
And since I just remembered it's Wednesday, I'll let you learn "A Wee Bit More" about me.
Uh Oh!!! 2 blogs at once, getting a little crazy around here! Watch out!




{one} what was your favorite sitcom growing up?
Well that's easy... Saved By the Bell!!
(Don't reaally know if it was considered a sitcom, but o well)


{two} what song always makes you happy when you hear it?
I can't think of 1 particular song. I listen to too much music to pick one. So i'm going to go with anything from the 90's. My radio stays on 90's on 9 or 90's country and 99% of the time there's a smile on my face.

{three} do you still have your wisdom teeth?
Yep! If I even have them yet. Most people say it hurts when they come in and I've never felt anything, so I don't know if I have them or not haha.

{four} what is your go to way to relax?
sweat pants..check
 sweat shirt..check
 tv..check
couch..check
 blanket..check
wine..check
Or a massage... you know... if I have an extra $100 just laying around.... ha

{five} do you play any instruments?
ummmm that's a big negative! I wish I could play the guitar and the piano.

{six} nude beaches: yes or no?
BAHAHAHA... heavens no!

{seven} do you chew your pens/pencils?
I just break the clip part off.

{eight} can you change the oil in your car?
Heavens no. Why would I do that, when someone can do it for me.

{nine} can you curl your tongue?
yep!

{ten} can you knit or crochet?
No, but I'm learning to smock.

No comments:

Post a Comment