2.07.2011

Over the Weekend.. Superbowl Style

OVER THE WEEKEND..

*I watched my first MMA fight and learned what a cauliflower ear is! Disgusting.. how do people watch that?

* I had a girls day out with Ann-Hamilton and Hayes!! We ate at Pan Asia and did a little shopping. Hayes is learning early!




















*We ate at Burgers and Blues for Austin's birthday!! That was our first time there and I have to say, it's was pretty dang good. I had the bleu cheese BLT. YUMMMM!

*We didn't get to meet Miss Maggie Mullis :( I cannot wait to meet her though, she is a little cutie pie!! But, I am soooo glad we didn't end up going to the hospital. Kendol finally went to the doctor and has poison ivy all over his face and neck. I diagnosed him on Tuesday or Wednesday and he didn't believe me. He's going to learn one day that I'm ALWAYS right!! (HA) I have been itching all over ever since I found out.

*We went to a little SuperBowl party on Sunday.
Of course, all of the food was delicious.

MENU:
Red Beans & Rice
Gumbo
Homemade French Bread
Cheese Petit Fors
Homemade Breadsticks with Marinara
BLT Dip
Ranch Dip
Veggies with Ranch
Hummus

Needless to say, I seriously couldn't sleep because I was so stuffed (and itching). I am still stuffed. If I had eaten one more breadstick, I would have turned into one.

In honor of all the good food, I will share a couple of recipes. I made the Cheese Petit Fors. The recipe is compliments of Kendol's cousin Clancy!! She had them at a birthday party once and they are delicious! The breadstick recipe is from Krista! YUMMY

Cheese Petit Fors
 4 Cans of Old English Cheese Spread
2 Cups of Softened Butter
1 TBSP Hot Sauce
1 TBSP Worstershire Sauce
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
3 Loaves of "Very Thin" White Bread (Pepperidge Farm)

Mix first five ingredients well. Each sandwich has three slices of bread. Put a thin layer of mixture on the top and bottom pieces just like you would when  making a regular sandwich. Then put  a thin layer of the mixture on both sides of the middle peice. With an electric knife, cut the crust off of the bread and cut each sandwich into 4 squares. Bake for about 20 minutes on 350.
If you would like, you can spray the top of each sandwich with spray butter so they will toast better or sometimes, if I have any mixture left, I put a little dab on the top of sandwich.

On Sunday, all the grocery store had was Very Thin Wheat Bread. Although they were a little more healthy (if these can be healthy at all), they were not as good. Definitely use white bread!

These are super easy, but they do take a little time!! I counted yesterday and a full recipe made right at 105 mini sandwiches.

 Quick Pizza Breadsticks

1 10 ounce package of pizza dough
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup grated Parmesan or romano cheese
2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 8 oz can of pizza sauce, warmed

Lightly grease a large baking sheet. Unroll pizza dough and use your hands to press the dough into a rectangle. Brush the dough with melted butter.
In a small bowl, combine cheese, italian seasoning, garlic powder, and red pepper. Sprinkle over dough. Using a sharp knife, cut dough crosswise into strips then in half lengthwise.
Bake at 425 for 10-13 min or until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce.





Stephanie and Wally, being the little philanthropists they are, sold football squares to benefit Relay for Life! Since no one there was just a die heard fan of either team, it was a fun way to bring on a little friendly compition!!  I love having parties at their house because, no matter the occassion, they find a way to give back to some sort of organization!! So awesome.

I have to say, I was rooting for the packers bc of Aaron Rodgers. Maybe now he won't always have to be compared to Favre. And, of course, I am proud for former Bulldog, Donald Lee, on his SuperBowl win!! HAIL STATE

Every year, after the superbowl, it's always a little depressing..
Christmas is over and football's over.
What else is there to do????

Bring on the Sunshine, Water and Crawfish!!!!!!!
 It's time to get a tan.
(O and P.S. I think I threw up a little when I saw the swim suits at Old Navy yesterday. Must start working out ASAP!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment