11.10.2010

Wedding Bells Wednesday

This past weekend, two of our best friends, Wally and Stephanie, got married!! As I said last week, I was the "director" of the wedding and never did I realize how stressful this was going to be, until the wedding actually started... AAAAHHHHH. For one, the church is laid out different than any church I've been too. The sanctuary is in the middle and the rest of the church goes in a circle around it. At most churches, the doors, that the bridesmaids and groomsmen walk out of, are only a couple of feet apart. Here, it seemed like they were a mile apart. So there was no way for me to be in 4 places at once, but thankfully Mary Kathryn volunteered (well I volunteered her) to stand at the other end and help me out. After I had a mild panic attack about not being able to be at all 3 doors and around the corner to tell Wally when to walk out, everything went perfectly and the whole ceremony was beautiful. After the ceremony was over, I didn't really speak for about 2 hours because I was still a nervous wreck. HA 

 Speaking of beautiful, Stephanie's dress was to die for. It was so unique and unlike any other wedding dress I've ever seen. She opted for more of a dark cream colored dress, with lots of gorgeous beading, than your typical white dress. My favorite part of the dress was the precious ruffle at the bottom. LOVE!!!

The reception was at the Old Train Station downtown. That building is absolutely beautiful and perfect for a wedding reception. Playing at the reception was "Smiley and the Young Guns" so, of course, it was a blast!!They play everything for Dixie, to Elvis, to Cupid Shuffle, plus so much more!! They are a guaranteed good time and a good time everyone had!!!

Here are a few pics from the Wedding and Reception

All of the Bridesmaids and Groomsmen taking pictures before the Ceremony.
 




Look at that dress!!

  


The bride and Groom leaving the church to head to the reception! I wish I had a picture of their awesome car.
 
 






Wally's perfect bulldog cake that his brother-in-law's mother made!! She did so good. I didn't get a picture of Stephanie's cake before it was cut into :( but it was gorgeous!

She also made a "M State" cake to go on either side of the Bully cake! So cute.




My favorite picture of the night!! Anxious to catch that garter. Love it!






Sweet Best Friends!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment