11.11.2010

Thankful Thursday

Friday, November 5, 2010
On Friday, I left work and headed to Byram for Stephanie and Wally's wedding rehearsal. The one weekend that I have to spend in a cocktail dress, would be the coldest weekend of the fall, so far! So for Friday, I was simply thankful for my coat.... and my seat warmers... and a roof over my head... and central heat. Sometimes we over look the smallest of things, but not this weekend, I was thankful for anything that kept me warm!

Saturday, November 6, 2010
Saturday was a first for me. I directed a wedding. I still can't believe it, you know, since I have a fear of public speaking and all. But I did it and it went just about perfectly. Little did anyone know that when I arrived at the church, I realized I had forgotten my papers with the timing/order of the wedding and the order of how everyone walks out and where they stand. FREAK OUT MODE... I couldn't turn around and go get it, first bc I wasn't in my car... Secondly, bc home was about 30 minutes away. So, for Saturday I am thankful that God provided me with patience and that everyone cooperated. Thank you Jesus! I couldn't live with myself if something had gone wrong and it was my fault.

Sunday, November 7, 2010
After two late nights out on the town, which we never do, I was simply thankful for my compfy bed and a four hour nap!

Monday, November 8, 2010
After work on Monday, I was bound and determined to reach my goal of 10 miles before race day and I did just that. I have been burned out and a little down on myself bc I didn't think I could do it, but I did! I ran 10 miles, without stopping, in 1 hr and 41 minutes!!! (10:05 per mile) So for Monday, I am thankful for encouraging words from Kendol, my parents and other friends! And also thankful for God who gave me the strength and determination to make it through without my legs collapsing ha. (We celebrated afterwards with tacos... I'm going to go ahead and throw it out there that I'm thankful for mexican food, as well... I don't think I would have made it this far in life without it ha!)
 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Conversation with my daddy afterwards:
Me: "Daddy, I just ran 10 miles!!!"
Daddy: "10 MILES... without stopping?"
Me: "Yes sir."
Daddy: "No you didn't. I don't believe that. Can Kendol run 10 miles?"
Me: "Yes sir. He ran 12 miles on Thursday night."
Daddy: "12 MILES...Did he really?? Callie this is MONUMENTAL. You really ran 10 miles?"
Me: Yes sir.
Daddy: "Well Cal, I am just so proud of you. Your momma's not here though, so you have to call back in about 20 minutes and tell her the good news yourself. I'm going to let you tell her. I am just so proud of you.
:)

Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Tuesday night we had Mary Kathryn and Ben over for Ben's favorite dinner that Kendol cooks, flank steak and mashed potatoes. We hadn't hung out just the four of us in forever, and  it's always so nice to spend time with such good friends. Kendol and Ben grew up on the same street, went to school together their entire lives and then lived together after college. Same goes for Spark and I. I didn't go to Pillow until 6th grade, but we've been friends through church and softball since I can remember and we lived together after college, as well! I'm thankful for true friendships that really do last a lifetime and a thankful for a husband who loves to cook!!! (and cooks pretty dang good)

Wednesday, November 10, 2010
After work, I did absolutely NOTHING and it was so nice. I am thankful for days like this, when I can sit on my butt and relax!! It doesn't happen very often. (and I'm thankful for three hours of country music to watch as I relax... love the CMA's!!! Go Miranda and Blake!!)

Thursday, November 11, 2010
Today I am thankful for all service men and women of the United States, past and present, who put their lives on the line daily to secure my freedom in this great nation. Each and every one of you are true heroes and your service for this country is appreciated more than you will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment