11.04.2010

Thankful Thursday

Ok, so my friend Jamie started something fun over at her blog, so I am going to copy her!! I'm going to blog about one thing I'm thankful for, for each day of November. Lucky for you, I'm going to blog it a week at at time ("Thankful Thursday) instead of a new post everyday!

MONDAY- NOVEMBER 1, 2010
Monday is the one day of the week that I am expected to cook!! I cook lots of other days too, but always on Mondays bc Kendol has Boy Scouts. So, this Monday I decided to try to cook something new. I was going to fix homemade Chicken-N-Dumplins. So I go to the grocery store after calling my mother at least 5 times to make sure I wasn't leaving something out and knew what I was doing. When I get home, I start boiling the whole chicken (I made Kendol get out the insides of course... I was not doing that GROSS). That's the easy part. So then I get to making my dumplings. Well, my mother somehow manages to roll them out and cut them into squares. I could not, for the life of me, add enough flour to those stupid dumplings to be able to roll them out without sticking to the rolling pin. So, after about 45 minutes of fighting with the dough, I decided I was just going to drop the dumplings in by the spoonful, like my daddy does hushpuppies. It may not be the way I was supposed to do it, but they tasted just the same!! So for Monday, I am thankful for my mother, who still answers my phone calls everyday at 4:45, knowing that I only have a question about how to cook something!! After 3 and 1/2 years, you would think she would start screening that phone call everyday, but she doesn't!! Thanks Mom :)

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 2, 2010
On Tuesday, Kendol and I went down to Stephanie and Wally's to help out with some last minute wedding stuff. Mary Kathryn and I helped Stephanie with her "BOW-quets" for her wedding rehearsal and helped put bows on all of her wedding party gifts, while Kendol and Wally watched election results!! Although I could never get any of my bow-quets to turn out like I wanted them to, it was just fun to have a little girl time drinking wine and being crafty. So for Tuesday, I am thankful for great friends, new and old!! I have the best friends in the world. I could not ask for any one of them to be any better. Yea, I'm talking about all of yall... you know who you are highschool friends, college friends and new friends in Jackson!!! Yall are the best.

WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 3, 2010
After work Wednesday, I went to Byram with Stephanie to check out her church for their wedding on Saturday.. You know, since I'm the "director" and all WHAT WHAT!! (first timer AAAAHHHH) So, I was going to be home a little later than usual. When I got home, Kendol had supper ready and waiting. What a relief to not have to worry about that. Then after dinner, I start dusting bc our house is an absolute wreck... and by wreck, I mean disaster area. Kendol walked in the living room and was said "Callie, what are you doing? Put the pledge up and sit on the couch." So that's what I did. I laid on the couch for the rest of the night. So for Wednesday, I am thankful for a husband who does not expect me to do absolutely everything around the house just bc I'm the girl, like a lot of husband's do. If our house isn't spotless... he doesn't care. If all the clothes aren't washed... he doesn't care. And he cooks... ALOT!!!! I'm really really lucky.

THURSDAY NOVEMBER 4, 2010
So, this week has been a real eye opener for the alot of people, especially the bulldog nation. 20 year old Nick Bell, from the Mississippi State football team, passed away on Tuesday after just about a 6 week battle with cancer. It just makes me so sad and makes me so much more motivated to run this half marathon to help St. Jude. Cancer is such a nasty disease and just so unfair. You never know when it might sneak up on you or someone you love, just like it did my grandaddy... just like it did Nick Bell and so many others!! So for Thursday, I am thankful for my health in general and for being able to run... being able to run for a purpose.. to do my tiny little part in the fight against cancer. Exactly one month until race day!!! www.mystjudeheroes.org/calliepc

Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!
Psalm 107:1

1 comment: