So, I finally get to play along with Saw it. Pinned it. Did it. in the best way.
What's the best way you ask?
I have been having this itch to make some Christmas cookies. I'm not real sure why. So last night Kendol and I had "Our Christmas" where we take time to have a little date night and swap our gifts before the crazy traveling begins. He always cooks (of course!), so I thought to myself, "perfect time to whip up a desert.. it's the least I can do." So I asked Kendol what type of Christmas cookies he'd prefer and he said Snickerdoodle. Well I have never even had one much less made them. So I scour Pinterest (of course) for a good recipe. And VIOLA! The Christmas cookies are made.. not in Christmas shapes like I had planned (teachers daughter much??), but made none the less.
3 cups all- purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1/2 cup ligh brown sugar
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tsp ground cinammon
- Heat oven to 375
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, cream or tartar and salt
- With electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar and sugar until fluffy (2-3 mins) then beat in the eggs and vanilla. (medium speed)
- Reduce speed and slowly add in flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated.
- In a bowl mix cinnamon and remaining 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Form the dough into balls. Roll the balls in the sugar mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes.
The whole "form dough into balls" jazz did not work for me (of course) bc the dough was much too moist. So I simply scooped globs with a spoon and sprinkled the cinnamon and sugar on top of each cookie and patted it in.
I, not knowing prior what a Snickerdoodle tastes like, think they turned out pretty dang good and everyone in my office seems to be enjoying them!