4.14.2011

Thankful Thursday

When you arrive back to work from just having eaten the best bacon cheeseburger and spicy fries from Five Guys and you see a homeless man digging through the garbage can for his lunch, it makes you realize just how thankful you should be for ever little thing in life.

Working  in downtown Jackson, you see all kinds of homeless people. Sometimes they are scary (such as telling you that you aren't a christian bc you won't give them 50 cents to catch the bus or give them a cigarette), but sometimes they are just hungry. My office is on the same corner as Chik-Fil-A, the Marriot, McAlisters and Subway, so there are always homeless people digging through our garbage cans for their lunch, bc they know they will be able to find some left overs. This used to break my heart every time, and it still does, but it also presents itself with a way to help them. Everyday after I've finished my lunch, I make sure to put any leftovers I have neatly back in the bag. I then place my bag next to the garbage can or on the rim of the garbage can. That way I know that someone didn't have to dig for their lunch, it was just there waiting on them to get hungry!!

I haven't seen anyone in a few weeks digging for lunch, but today I did and it just made me stop and think of everything I have to be thankful for.

Then I get back to my desk and see that Meagan Rae has posted one of my favorite Sugarland lyrics.

"And if I count all my blessings, I get a smile on face."

Isn't that the truth. We are so incredibly blessed, even if we are having a tought time and don't realize it.

A few random things I am thankful for today:
*my job and how busy I've been lately
*the lunch date I had with Kendol
*my runny nose and headache bc it means I'm still alive
*the sunshine
*my family and friends
*music
*the pants I have on (even though the hem is taped in) bc it means I still have clothes to wear

No matter how big or how small, I'm thankful for it all!!!

And last but not least, I am thankful that this work day is over and it's almost Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment