8.09.2010

MARATHON MONDAY!

OK... since I declared that I will be running a half marathon in December, it's time to get to work. I will not be publishing these Monday blogs to Facebook and Twitter bc I assume no one really cares ha! But I am going to document my progress just to keep myself accountable. If you want to keep up, great! If you don't, I don't blame ya!

I have found two different training schedules online that I am going to kind of combine. One is a 12 week program from HalHigdon.com that starts out at 3-4 miles the first week and goes up to 10 miles. According to him, 10 miles is all you need to train for bc he says endurance and determination will get me through the last 3.1 miles... Apparently he doesn't know me too well bc that is the most insane thing I've ever heard!!! But he's the expert, not me. The other program starts off at 1 mile and goes to 12 miles in 16 weeks (which is exactly how many weeks I have). At this point, I am already through week five of this program bc it pretty much starts from scratch. This past week I ran three times, just to get back in the swing of things and it went pretty well. I ran 2.15 miles, 2.5 miles and 2.3 miles. In this heat, I'd say that's a success, but now it's time to get serious!

I must learn to get up in the mornings and run. I tried this one day last week and it didn't go so well. I don't know if I was just that hungry (fatty mcfatty... always hungry) or if I just didn't let myself wake up enough, but IT WAS MIZ!! (but definitely alot cooler) So, I googled about this earlier. Should I eat before I go or not? Some places say no. Others said to eat a banana or energy/breakfast bar and have a glass of water. I don't have time to just sit there and wait for food to settle though. I require as much sleep as possible. I already don't speak until after lunch, so the earlier i have to get up the worse it's going to be for everyone around me ha!

Well that's where I am, as of today! Please feel free to post any tips or advice!! I can use all the help I can get :)

No comments:

Post a Comment